Wednesday 29 until Sunday 2 June
Afterwork departure, return Sunday evening
Transportation 4* luxury coach
Accommodation in good 3* hotels
Click here to secure your spot
Did you always want to visit that beautiful Cinderella castle Neuschwanstein, and all those other magnificent Bavarian fairy tales castles? And did you always want to learn about King Ludwig II and his remarkable lifestyle that give him the questionable title of Mad King Ludwig? Now is your chance!! From Wednesday 29 May until Sunday 2 June Expat Club visits this stunning part of Germany with a group of international people from Brussels. We visit several spectacular castles, including the Würzburg Residenz, Nymphenburg and München Residenz, Linderhof, Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau, Herrenchiemsee and the Kaiserburg Nuremberg.
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach with Royal Class seats
- 1 large suitcase per person
- 1 night in a 3* hotel in Würzburg
- 3 nights in a 3* hotel in Munich, including breakfast
- Entrance fees all castles, except Hohenschwangau
- Several guided tours
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
- Breakfast in Würzburg
- Single room
- Entrance fees Museum of the Bavarian Kings
- Entrance fees Hohenschwangau (highly recommended)
- Dinner in Munich
Coach pick-up points
- Place Schuman, Brussels (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- Leuven (highway entrance)
Who can join?
Expat Club is open to welcome everyone who feels like joining an open-minded international group of expats and Belgians. In particular we welcome solo travellers, for whom we can offer single rooms or shared rooms.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
How to add a child ticket?
Families are welcome to join this trip. Children from 0-3 will travel free of charge with us. From 4 to 10 years old will receive €350 discount per child, and 11 to 18 year olds get €250 discount per child. If you would like to join with your family, please send us a short email (email@example.com) with the ages of the child(ren) joining. We can then make the reservation for you, and make sure you get the best possible room for your family.
The program for this Bavaria trip, like any other Expat Club trip, is carefully designed. We value realistic departure, travel and arrival times, and put a lot of effort into allocating enough time to visit each destination.
Wednesday 29 May
We depart around 17h00 from Place Schuman and drive towards Würzburg where we stay one night in a good hotel in the city centre. We leave at this time so you won’t have to take a full day off, while you can just relax in our comfortable bus with Royal Class seats.
- Departure by bus from Brussels
- Highway dinner stop
- Arrival and hotel in Würzburg
Thursday 30 May
Today you will wake up in Würzburg. Maybe you’ve never heard of this city, but we are certain that you will find it totally worth a visit after our tours by professional guides through the Würzburg Residence and the Festung Marienberg. In the early afternoon we depart for München where we visit one of the most impressive palaces of this South German state, before we check-in to our second hotel where we stay for 3 nights.
- Visit to Würzburg Residence (fees & tour included, time reserved entry)
- Visit Festung Marienberg in Würzburg (fees & tour included)
- Visit to Nymphenburg in Munich (fees & tour included)
- Visit to Munich city center in the evening (optional)
Friday 31 May
This day may as well be the best day of the program with a visit to city of München and the München Residenz in the morning and the “German Versailles” in the afternoon. The Residenz is new on our program, because we received incredible feedback about this city palace. You will be able to go through it on your own with an audio guide. In fact, it’s almost a carbon copy, even though great parts of this impressive palace are completely unfinished and the left wing was completely removed. Situated on an island in the beautiful Chiemsee, with the German/Austrian Alps as a panoramic backdrop, a visit to Bavaria without the Herrenchiemsee Palace is incomplete. We have reserved a timed entry with a guided tour and made reservations. Beforehand you can also visit the impressive Augustinian Monastery, and walk around the island.
- Visit to the München Residenz (fees included, audio guide included)
- Boat ride to the Herreninsel (fees included)
- Visit to Herreninsel Park (fees included)
- Visit to the Herrenchiemsee Palace (fees & tour included, time entry)
- Visit to the Augustinian Monastery (fees included)
Saturday 1 June
This is probably the day that most of us want to travel to Bavaria for due to its visit to the world-famous Cinderella-like castle Neuschwanstein (a true bucket-list item). But don’t underestimate the exceptionally ornate Linderhof with its splendid gardens, as well as the Schloss Hohenschwangau where Mad King Ludwig grew up. Many of our 2018 group loved these places even more than Neuschwanstein!
- Visit to Linderhof (fees & tour included with reserved entry)
- Visit to Neuschwanstein (fees & tour included with reserved entry)
- Optional visit to Hohenschwangau (optional with reserved entry, limited spots)
- Optional visit to Museum der Bayerischen Könige (optional)
Sunday 2 June
Although we have to drive back a long way today, we are going to see another amazing place in Bavaria, simply because we can’t get enough of it. And since we’re in the neighbourhood, why not just hop by? We begin with a visit to some very historic World War II places in Nurnberg, namely the Nazi rally grounds and the nazi stadium. After visiting our main destination, we also drive by the historic building where the Nurnberg trials were held. Our main destination is of course the Imperial castle of Nurnberg
- Return to Brussels
- Imperial Castle of Nurnberg (optional, but fees included)
We will be travelling with a very comfortable double-decker bus with Royal Class seats. This means a lot more space for your legs, especially because there are leg flaps and foot rests. Of course, the seats also recline nicely so you can relax and get some extra sleep. The bus has an on-board toilet, a bar (with several drinks/snacks for sale), and several flatscreen TVs with a DVD system.
We’ve chosen modern and highly-rated 3* hotels Würzburg (1 night) and Munich (3 nights). For each hotel you can choose between the following options
- Single room (normally with 1 large bed, surcharge)
- Double room (1 large bed, for couples, no surcharge)
- Twin room (2 single beds, for 2 friends travelling together, or for single travellers who would like to avoid the single surcharge).
Room sharing for single travellers
If you are joining this trip on your own you can get a single room for a surcharge, or you can also opt for the room sharing service. This means you do not pay a surcharge. During the outbound journey we will introduce you to the other travellers who also want to share a room. We do not assign a room partner, but you can mutually agree to share the room. We only offer female/female and male/male rooms. This is a great way to save some money while you get to know another nice person on this trip.
Würzburg – GHOTEL
The GHOTEL is one of the best rated hotels in Würzburg. Towering high above the city, this hotel is modern with spacious, clean rooms. We stay here only for one night as we drive towards the South of Germany. Still, Würzburg is a great stop with an old city center and an amazing palace, the Würzburg Residenz. Please note that breakfast is optional for this first night (€12). You can indicate whether you would like to add this during checkout.
Munich – Ibis Styles Münich Messe Ost – NEW HOTEL
We stay 3 nights in this (again) highly rated 3* hotel in Munich. It has nice and clean rooms, and the good thing about this hotel is that breakfast is already included in the formula so you can start the your day in the best way. We chose this hotel above the earlier mentioned regular Ibis because it has a better location and is better rated.
Please contact us if you would like to bring your family. The trip is certainly very nice for children from about 4 years of age, but we want to make sure you get the right room. Needless to say that children get a high discount. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the size of your family and the age of your children.
- The trip will be carried out by Lauwers Reizen, one of our trusted coach partners.
- The trip is carefully planned. Still, all timings are indicative and may change if required by circumstances.
- The trip is sold as a package. You cannot go with your own transportation or arrange your own accommodation. If there are specific things that you do not want in the package, please let us know.
- You are personally responsible for getting good cancellation and/or travel insurance that covers you for unforeseen emergencies and medical expenses before or during the trip.
- You are personally responsible for using the hotel room in an appropriate way. Any missing or broken items will be billed after the trip.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for long delays that influence the program (e.g. missed guided tours), neither can Expat Club be held liable for weather-related cancellations or any other unforeseen events that influence the course of the trip, including, but not limited to technical problems with the coach, strikes, weather etc.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for personal injuries during the trip, such as, but not limited to, things that happen during the guided tours. Joining this trip is safe but still at your own risk.
- If you do not find a room partner on your own, we will find one for you (male/male, female/female). During the outbound trip we will connect you with others in the same position. If you decide to take a single room during the trip, then you will have to fully pay for it yourself.
- If you book a double / twin room and your travel partner cancels, you will have to pay the single room supplement or share a room with another person (if available).
- The cancellation with a refund, as described in the terms & conditions, is 6 weeks. Within this period you cannot cancel the trip and get a refund. You can always find a friend or colleague who will join instead of you.