Saturday 9 July 2022
06h45 (Schuman) until 23h30
Champagne region, France
4* luxury coach with reclining seats
Who doesn’t love Champagne? Any occasion instantly becomes a party whenever a nice bottle of bubbly is opened. The entire world simply adores this exclusive wine. And if you like it too, but have no idea how Champagne is made and would like to visit the famous cellars and taste various bubblies, then this day is definitely something you don’t want to miss! Expat Club has traveled to the Champagne region in Northern France over 15 times already since 2014. In the morning we visit the lovely house of De Castellane or Mercier or Boizel. In the afternoon you have the opportunity to visit various smaller houses in the #1 Champagne village of Hautvillers. Later in the afternoon, we’ll spend time in the capital Reims with its impressive Basilique and its stunning Cathedral where the French Kings used to be crowned, and where you can see a unique stained glass window pane by Marc Chagall. Bring back (many) Champagne bottles at reduced prices from the original houses! This is a great trip for newcomers, always happy faces!
What's included in the trip fee?
This trip is rather inclusive, meaning that the entrance fees to De Castellane Champagne house in Épernay is already included (upgrades possible), as well as a very nice 2-course lunch. In case you absolutely do not want to join for lunch, please contact us before making the reservation.
- Trip by 4* luxury coach
- Bottled water during the ride
- Entrance fees De Castellane Champagne
- One glass of De Castellane Brut
- Alternative visit to Mercier (1 glass) or Boizel (2 glasses)
- Visit to Hautvillers, #1 Champagne village
- Visit to Reims, with guided bus tour along Champagne houses
- Visit to Basilique Saint-Remi in Reims
- Visit to Cathedral of Reims, with Marc Chagall stained glass
- Great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
What items are optional for this trip?
The basic ticket includes a visit to De Castellane Champagne and a nice lunch. There are a few optional items though.
– Visits to Mercier or Boizel Champagne houses
– Guided tour in Hautvillers Champagne village
What are the bus pick-up points?
We will depart from the following departure points. A few days before departure we will send you detailed information about these points. If you would like to change, just let us know with a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- Louise (Blv de Waterloo, parking next to Tiffany’s)
- Gare du Midi (parking Charleroi Airport bus, Rue du France)
- Near Mons (exact spot close to highway t.b.d.)
We will be enjoying a nice lunch in Épernay. This already included in the trip fee, but of course we would like to know whether you would like to regular menu or the vegetarian.
Who can join us?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- Visiting friends & family
- All ages, including children (no alcohol of course)
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please indicate this in the final comment. A ticket costs €80 including lunch and a visit to De Castellane. You add a child ticket on the cart page.
Early bird ends in