Saturday 10 July 2021 (confirmed)
06h45 (Schuman) / 07h00 (Midi) until 23h30
Champagne region, France
Private 4* luxury coach with reclining comfort seats
UPDATE 9 July 10h00:
WE DO HAVE SPOTS REGARDLESS OF THAT IT SAYS ZERO OR -1 SPOTS LEFT. PLEASE SEND YOUR PREFERENCES TO INFO@EXPATCLUB.ORG OR CALL EDGAR AT 0495-345144.
ALSO, WE ARE LIKELY TRAVELING WITH AN EVEN LARGER BUS THAN INDICATED BELOW, NAMELY A DOUBLE-DECKER ROYAL CLASS BUS. THIS GIVES US MORE SPACE BECAUSE THERE WILL BE MORE EMPTY SEATS, MORE SPACE BETWEEN THE SEATS, AND THE SEATS ARE DIVIDED OVER 2 DECKS. SO, EVERYONE GETS A FREE UPGRADE 🙂
Who doesn’t love Champagne? Any occasion instantly becomes a party whenever a nice bottle of bubbly is opened. The entire world simply adores this exclusive wine. And if you like it too, but have no idea how Champagne is made and would like to visit the famous cellars and taste various bubblies, then this day is definitely something you don’t want to miss! Expat Club has traveled to the Champagne region in Northern France over 15 times already since 2014. Today we visit the lovely house of De Castellane in the morning. And in the afternoon you have the opportunity to visit various smaller houses in the #1 Champagne village of Hautvillers. Later in the afternoon, we’ll spend time in the capital Reims with its impressive Basilique and its stunning Cathedral where the French Kings used to be crowned, and where you can see a unique stained glass window pane by Marc Chagall. Bring back (many) Champagne bottles at reduced prices from the original houses! This is a great trip for newcomers, always happy faces!
- Trip + De Castellane tour + 1 glass of Brut + museum & tower + 2-course lunch incl drink = €164,95
- Trip + Mercier tour + 1 glass of Brut + 2-course lunch incl drink = €169,95
- Trip Moët & Chandon tour + 1 glass of Brut + 2-course lunch incl drink = €177,45 FULL
- Trip Boizel tour + 1 glass of Brut Reservé & 1 glass of Blanc de Blancs + 2-course lunch incl drink = € 187,50 FULL
You are requested to transfer the amount to our bank account or to request a payment link for a (credit) card payment, which we will send to you later.
What is the trip fee?
Due to the exceptional circumstances of limited group sizes in the cellars, we are offering 4 different houses for our visit. You have to choose which one in advance. Be aware that there are limited spots for each house and that many spots are already gone. Also, we include the lunch in the final price (normally 90% joins us for lunch anyway). If you do not want to have lunch included, please contact us. Finally, since we are replacing our website, it is not possible to pay immediately online. You can fill out the form and transfer the indicated amount to our bank account (BE89 3630 8012 6585, Xross Global Group, with CHAMPAGNE in comments). You can also request a payment link for a Bancontact or credit card payment.
What's included in the trip fee?
- Trip by 4* luxury coach
- Bottled water during the ride
- Entrance fees De Castellane Champagne
- One glass of De Castellane Brut
- Alternative visit to Mercier (1 glass), Moët & Chandon (1 glass) or Boizel (2 glasses)
- Visit to Hautvillers, #1 Champagne village
- Guided tour in Hautvillers
- Visit to Reims, with guided bus tour along Champagne houses
- Visit to Basilique Saint-Remi in Reims
- Visit to Cathedral of Reims, with Marc Chagall stained glass
- Great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
What items are optional for this trip?
– Visits to alternative Champagne houses in Hautvillers
– Lunch in Hautvillers (we can take this out)
– Opportunities to bring back bottles or boxes
What are the bus pick-up points?
– Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
– Louise (Blv de Waterloo, parking next to Tiffany’s)
– Gare du Midi (parking Charleroi Airport bus, Rue du France)
Who can join us?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please indicate this in the final comment. A ticket costs €80 including lunch and a visit to De Castellane. You can add this amount to your own ticket price.