Friday 12 to Sunday 14 July
Loire Valley, France
4* luxury coach, reclining seats
4* hotel in Blois Centre
We have only 1 final spot available in a shared room for a lady!
For all reservations, you can call 0495-345144 (until 1am).
A single room or double/twin room is also still possible.
The Loire Valley is located about 200km South from Paris. Often it is called the Cradle of the French or the Garden of France due to its many orchards and vineyards. Nowadays it is primarily known for the incredibly high number of castles, most of which are just exquisite. During this trip we will see five exceptional ones up close: Blois, Cheverny, Chenonceau, Amboise, and Chambord. A local expert guide will stay with us for 3 days. So you will learn everything about the history of the region, the outside and inside of the castles and all the fun anecdotes.
What is included?
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach with reclining comfort seats
- 2 nights in the 4* Mercure hotel in Blois Centre (best in town)
- 2 times breakfast buffet
- Entrance fees castles: Blois, Cheverny, Chenonceau, Amboise & Chambord
- 3 hours professionally guided tour Blois & Château de Blois on Friday
- full day guided tour on Saturday with Châteaux Cheverny, Chenonceau & Amboise
- 2 hours guided tour Château de Chambord on Sunday
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
- Single room
- Light & Sound show Blois Castle on Friday evening
- 3-course lunch in the Orangerie Restaurant at Chenonceau
Coach pick-up points
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- La Chasse (bus stop on Chaussée d’Auderghem, right before intersection)
- Metro Delta (bus stop on Avenue Beaulieu next to Metro exit)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (long bus stop “under elevated highway” next to Loxam)
Who can join us?
Expat Club is open to welcome everyone who feels like joining an open-minded international group of expats and Belgians. In particular we welcome solo travellers, for whom we can offer single rooms or shared rooms.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
Families are more than welcome on this trip to the Vosges. Please contact us before by email or phone to ensure the discounts will be applied and you will get the right room ( 0495-345144 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Children up to 18 years will get a discount:
– up to 3 years > free of charge (book minimum 4 weeks in advance)
– 4 to 10 years > €200 discount
– 13 to 17 years > €150 discounts
The program for this Loire Castles trip, like any other Expat Club trip, is carefully designed. We value realistic departure, travel and arrival times, and put a lot of effort into allocating enough time to visit each destination. The below times are tentative and may change due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. unusual traffic)
Friday 12 July
07h00 – Departure Place Schuman (& other
09h00 – First highway stop – coffee
12h15 – Second highway stop – lunch
14h45 – Estimated arrival time
15h00 – Start Blois program: guided tour & Château Royal de Blois
19h00 – Free time / dinner
22h30 – Sound & Light Show Château Royal de Blois
23h15 – End program
Saturday 13 July
08h45 – Departure
09h30 – Arrival Château de Cheverny
11h00 – Feeding of the hounds (hunting dogs)
12h00 – Departure to Château de Chenonceau
13h00 – Lunch at the Orangerie of Château de Chenonceau
14h00 – Guided tour Chenonceau
15h45 – Departure to Amboise
16h15 – Guided tour at Château Royal Amboise
18h00 – Free time / alternative visit to Da Vinci’s home
20h00 – Closing of Da Vinci’s home
21h00 – Return to Blois
21h45 – Arrival Blois
Sunday 14 July
08h45 – Departure to Château Royal de Chambord
09h15 – Start guided tour
11h15 – End guided tour & free time
13h30 – Departure to Brussels
22h00 – Arrival Brussels
The Châteaux of the Loire Valley are part of the architectural heritage of the historic towns of Amboise, Angers,Blois, Chinon, Montsoreau, Nantes, Orléans, Saumur, and Tours along the Loire River. They illustrate renaissance ideals of design in France. The châteaux, numbering more than three hundred, are the achievement of a nation of builders, starting with practical fortified castles in the 10th century to splendid residences built half a millennium later. When the French kings began constructing their huge châteaux in the Loire Valley, the nobility, drawn to the seat of power, followed suit, attracting the finest architects and landscape designers. The châteaux and their surrounding gardens are cultural monuments which stunningly embody the ideals of the Renaissance and Enlightenment. Many of the châteaux were built on hilltops, such as the Château d’Amboise, while the only one built in the riverbed is the Château de Montsoreau. Many had exquisite churches on the grounds or within the château. (source: Wikipedia).
We will be travelling with a 4* luxury bus with reclining comfort seats, foot rests, air-conditioning, an on-board toilet, and a DVD-system with at least three flat screens. Along the outbound trip way you will be served some drinks and snacks (waffles, candy bars). A professional driver will stay with us for the entire trip.
We are staying in Blois, in the heart of the Loire region and the perfect location to visit the most beautiful castles. Our hotel is the 4* Mercure hotel on the banks of the Loire river, at just 3 minutes by foot from the city center. The group in 2017 was super enthusiastic about this hotel, so we are happy to go back there in 2019. In this hotel you can choose the following room types:
- single room (1 large bed, for a surcharge)
- double room (1 large bed for couples)
- twin room (2 single beds for 2 friends sharing or 2 single travellers who would like to share a room to avoid the single surcharge)
- triple room (1 double bed + 1 single bed, upon request only)
Many people come on their own to our trips. You can of course opt for a single room to have maximum privacy. But at Expat Club we also offer you the possibility to share a room with another lady or gentleman to avoid the single-surcharge. We only offer male or female rooms. During checkout select the twin-room sharing option. We will then introduce you to other participants in the same situation during the outbound trip. This way you won’t have to worry about finding one or paying the single surcharge. All our participants are adults and decent people between the age of 30 and 70.
- The trip will be carried out by Lauwers Reizen, one of our trusted coach partners.
- This trip is carefully planned. Still, all timings are tentative and may change if required by circumstances. Of course we do our very best to minimise disruptions of the program.
- The trip is sold as a package. You cannot go with your own transportation or arrange your own accommodation.
- You are personally responsible for getting a good travel insurance that covers you for any unforeseen emergency and medical expenses during the trip.
- The regular cancellation period of 2 weeks is not valid for this specific trip. Instead the cancellation period for a refund is 6 weeks in advance of the departure date. In line with the terms & conditions this period notice will over-rule those terms & conditions, while the other rules of cancellation will remain valid, such as the applicable cancellation fees. If you need to cancel within 6 weeks of departure you should have your own cancellation insurance. The other cancellation terms remain valid, such as the administrative and cancellation fees. You can always transfer your reservation to a friend or colleague (possible room change fees may apply).
- You are personally responsible for using the hotel room in an appropriate way. Any missing or broken items will be billed after the trip.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for long delays that influence the program (e.g. missed guided tours), neither can Expat Club be held liable for weather-related cancellations or any other unforeseen events that influence the course of the trip, including, but not limited to technical problems with the coach, traffic jams or strikes.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for personal injuries during the trip, such as, but not limited to, the guided tours. Joining this trip is at your own risk.
- If you want to share a room with another person to avoid the single room supplement, Expat Club will introduce you to the other travellers in the same situation. We only f/f and m/m rooms, and you will not have to worry about ending up paying a single supplement. If you decide to take a single room during the trip, then you will have to pay for it yourself in full (since we need two single rooms then).