Sunday 21 to Wednesday 24 April
Kiev & Chernobyl, Ukraine
Flights from Brussels to Kiev
4* hotels in Kiev and Chernobyl
It is highly unlikely you remember the news report of Saturday morning 26 April 1986, the day of the world’s worst nuclear accident. It namely took 50 hours, a full 2 days, before the Soviet authorities officially admitted something had gone completely wrong at the Chernobyl nuclear power station. Many countries in Eastern and Western Europe were affected, from Norway to Italy, and from Ireland to Greece. One and a half days after the accident an exclusion zone of 10km around the plant was created, including the city of Pripyat, followed by a larger exclusion zone of 30km that also included the city of Chernobyl. This unique trip leads us right into the heart of the exclusion zone around the power, and includes an exclusive visit to the Chernobyl power plant itself.
- Return flights from Brussels to Kiev
- 12kg carry on luggage + personal item (checked luggage optional)
- Accommodation in 4* hotels, with 3x breakfast
- 2 dinners and 2 lunches
- Kiev airport transfers
- Transportation to/from/within Chernobyl Exclusion zone
- 2-day guided tour through the Exclusion Zone
- Exclusive guided tour inside the plant
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
Who can join?
- Everyone is invited to join this trip: member and non-members, expats and (international) Belgians, singles/couples/retirees/friends/colleagues.
- The minimum age is 18 years at the day of the visit (no exceptions possible under any circumstance.
- You must be in a normal physical condition. You don’t have to be an athlete, but we will be walking much through the abandoned city / area and climb stairs. Sitting is not allowed in many places (from what we understand), so you will be standing most of the time.
- You have to check yourself whether you need a VISA for entering Ukraine.