Tuesday 22 to Saturday 26 December 2020
Helsinki & Rovaniemi, Finland
Flights Brussels-Helsinki-Rovaniemi (1 day Helsinki)
Great 4* hotels in centres Helsinki & Rovaniemi
Christmas is celebrated all around the world. But in 2020 Expat Club brings you the most magical Christmas in the most magical place of all… Because this year we travel to the North of Finland, namely to the official hometown of Santa Claus himself: Rovaniemi. If you ever wondered where your Christmas letters are being sent to, who reads them, and who wraps your gifts, you will learn all the answers during this special Christmas trip. Meet Santa and his elves in snowy Finland, enjoy his hospitality and celebrate Christmas like you’ve never done before, and with the nicest international people from Brussels.This trip is extra magical because Rovaniemi is situated exactly on the Polar Circle, which means it is perfectly located to observe the Aurora Borealis. If you have never seen the Northern Lights before, this is your chance to enjoy this mysterious light in the skies above.
What is included?
- Flights Brussels to Rovaniemi, stop in Helsinki
- 20kg checked luggage
- 8kg hand luggage + 1 personal item
- Airport transfers in Helsinki & Rovaniemi
- Two nights in 4* hotel in Helsinki
- Two nights in 4* hotel downtown Rovaniemi
- 4x breakfast
- Free Finnish dinner in Helsinki
- Free Christmas Eve dinner in Rovaniemi
- Free Christmas dinner at Santa Village
- Guided tour in Helsinki
- Visit to Suomenlinna Island (#1 on tripadvisor)
- Transfer and visit Santa Claus Village
- Transfer, visit and entrance fees Santa Claus Park
- Transfer, visit and entrance fees IceHotel & Icebar (ice sculptures)
- Free lunch in IceHotel
- Crossing of Arctic Circle
- Visit Arktikum museum
- Entrance fees and guided tour Arktikum Museum
- Northern Lights Chase by private bus
We will fly with Finnair direct from Brussels to Helsinki on Tuesday 22 December, and onward to Rovaniemi on Thursday 24 December. Our return flight is on Saturday 26 December afternoon/evening.
This trip is already almost all-inclusive. However, some things remain optional since we are not sure you want to do these. More information about them will be sent to participants in fall 2020:
- Single room upgrade
- Reindeer sledding (about €70)
- Husky sledding (about €50)
- Snowmobiling (about €90-150)
- Ice fishing (about €95)
- Clothes rental in Rovaniemi (2 days about €40)
Who can join us?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable. You do not have to be a member, and of course Belgians are more the invited too to join us. We always welcome many solo travellers, couples, retirees, small groups of friends and on this trip certainly also children.
How to add a child ticket?
Expat Club loves welcoming the younger/est expats. If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please contact us first so we can apply the right discount. Due to the nature of this trip, we can only offer a relatively low discount for children. Up to 11 years €150, and from 12 to 18 years €100.