Friday 7 until Monday 10 June
Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha & Utah beaches
Accommodation in good 3* and 4* hotels
Transportation by luxury 4* coach
Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force: You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hope and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.
Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.
But this is the year 1944! The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to victory!
I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle.
We will accept nothing less than full victory!
Good luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.
Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Allied Commander, 6 June 1944
Be aware that the available spots may be reduced from our side without warning due to hotel availability. If you would like to join, we recommend making the reservation as
soon as you know you would like to join.
On Thursday 6 June 2019 it will be exactly 75 years ago tens of thousands of soldiers of the Allied Forces landed on the beaches of Normandy. Few moments in history match the significance of this military operation. It was a key turning point in the Second World War, which ultimately lead to the defeat of the Nazi regime 11 months and 1 day later (Reims, 7 May 1945).
This 75th Anniversary D-Day Weekend trip is dedicated to the fallen soldiers and heroes that fought on the Normandy beaches. During 3 days we will travel through all sections — Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha and Utah — visit various museums, bunkers, battlefields, monuments and cemeteries. A private expert guide (maybe even 2) will accompany us during these days and give us an in-depth view of what happened.
What is included?
- transportation by 4* luxury coach
- snacks & drinks on-board on the outbound journey
- accommodation in a 3* hotel in Le Havre (1 night, excluding breakfast)
- accommodation in a 3* hotel in Caen (2 nights, excluding breakfast)
- visits to cities of Le Havre, Caen, Bayeux and Cherbourg
- visits to villages of Ouistreham, Arromanches-les-Bains, Sainte-Mère-Église
- three-days guided battlefields tour
- visits to Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha & Utah beaches
- entrance fees for Mémorial de Caen (main museum)
- entrance fees Arromanches 360˚ cinema (very impressive movie)
- one lunch during Omaha-beach day
- Upgrade to 4* hotel in Caen
- Single room
- Breakfast (many of our guest don’t take breakfast)
Who can join?
Expat Club is open to welcome everyone who feels like joining an open-minded international group of expats and Belgians. Most of our participants are 30-65 years old with some younger and some older, and working in a variety of fields (EU, NATO, NGO, diplomacy, corporate, academics).
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children (minimum 8 years advised due to topic)
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
All of us has one way or the other some kind of an international background. Participants work in various sectors:
- EU institutions
- diplomatic services
- multinationals and SMEs
Coach pick-up points
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC Bank)
- La Chasse (bus stop on Ave. d’Auderghem, right before intersection)
- Metro Delta (bus stop on main road next to big parking and metro entrance)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (bus stop on main road under overpass and next to Loxam)
Expat Club welcomes families on board. For this trip, however, be aware we are visiting many war sites. Therefore we think the minimum age is 8-12 years, but leave it up to you to make a decision. Children up to 12 years get €150 discount, children up to 18 years get €100 discount. Please contact us before making a reservation.