Saturday 12 June 2021
From 07h30 until 21h30
Eifel Nationalpark, Germany
Transportation by private luxury bus
This event will be postponed.
A new destination so nice that we wonder why we didn’t travel here before: the Eifel National Park. This is heaven for nature lovers! Situated just across the Belgian-German border, this large conservation area in North Rhine-Westphalia, is home to 8,000 different species of plants and animals. Its beech forests are home to wildcats, red deer, eagle owls, spotted woodpeckers and many more! You can explore the park in numerous different ways with beautiful wilderness trails and cycling paths that run past rivers and valleys filled with wildflowers in the spring.
The Eifel National Park also contains traces of WW2 history with an old military training base for young Nazis located on the south-east side. Today we will explore the area around the Rur Reservoir. On this slow-paced day we visit the Eifel Visitors Centre, learn more about the WWII history of the Vogelsang complex, and experience the local natural environment by bus, 2 separate boat tours and trackless train. We finish the day in the lovely town Nideggen with typical Fachwerk houses.
- Trip by 4* luxury coach with reclining seats
- Bottled water during the outbound journey
- Visit to Eifel National Park Centre
- Visit to Vogelsang, former Nazi training camp
- Entrance visit to two exhibitions
- Destiny: Master Race
- Wilderness Dreams
- Optional guided nature tour
- 30-minutes boat tour Obersee
- Walk over Paulushofdamm
- 45-minutes boat tour Rursee
- 1-hour trackless train through nature reserve
- Visit to the Town of Nidriggen
- Great group of international people
- A lifetime expat memory
What is optional for this trip?
- 2-course lunch
Coach pick-up point
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC Bank on roundabout)
Who can join this trip?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
How to add a child ticket?
Expat Club loves welcoming young expats, too! If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please first add the regular adult ticket(s) to the cart and then go to the cart page. On the cart page, there is a child ticket available for €40. Lunch can be added on the spot.