Saturday 23 April 2022
From 08h30 until 21h00
Betuwe orchard region, The Netherlands
Transportation by 4* luxury coach
Due to low reservation numbers we have to decide to cancel this event. If you registered for it you will be contacted by email. The Keukenhof trip on 16 April and 1 May are confirmed.
Did you ever want to see the famous cherry blossoms in Japan? And each year you realise that flying to the land of the rising sun is a bit beyond your budget and would put too much stress on your available holidays. Well, this year you are in luck because Expat Club has a great solution for you. This special blossom trip leads us to Holland’s fruit garden De Betuwe region (or Batavia in English). This scenic flat piece of land lies between the big rivers the Waal and the Lower Rhine and is known for its many orchards. We’ll be making a lovely bus trip over winding dike roads and through numerous blossoming apple, pear and cherry trees.
This time of year the blossoms are just spectacular, so you’re in for a big flowery treat! We start our trip in the picturesque town Woudrichem, then have a nice buffet lunch in Holland’s most famous hotel chain, walk around an old castle with many apple trees, look over the big Waal river from a dike with windmill, drive through many orchards, visit the Dutch Royal village Buren, drive over the famous Apple Dike with trees on both sides and finish the day in Holland’s glassblowing town in the middle of the Betuwe.
What is included?
- Trip by 4* luxury coach
- Sumptuous lunch buffet at Van der Valk hotel, Zaltbommel
- Visit to Woudrichem, old fortified town with unique windmill
- Ferry service across river
- Walk along Slot Loevestein, Holland’s most famous medieval castle
- Walk around Waardenburg Castle with apple trees & scenic view over Waal River
- Stop at Neerijnen, a small castle with herbs gardens
- Bus tour through the Betuwe region, along many orchards
- Visit to Buren, the Dutch Royal Village
- Drive over famous Appeldijk, a scenic dike-road with apple trees on both sides
- Visit to Leerdam, Holland’s glass & cheese town
- Great group of international people
- A lifetime expat memory
Coach pick-up points
Place Schuman, Brussels (bus stop next to KBC Bank on roundabout)
Who can join?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- Visiting friends & family
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
How to add a child ticket?
Expat Club loves welcoming young expats, too! If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please first add the regular adult ticket(s) to the cart and then go to the cart page. On the cart page, there is a child ticket available for €50. This ticket includes the lunch as well. Children up to 3 years can travel for free, but you must contact us at least 1 week in advance (they require their own seat!).