Thu 29 Oct | 11:00 – Sun 1 Nov | 12:00
Icelandair return flights Brussels to Reykjavik
3* or 4* hotel downtown Reykjavik
If there is one country in the world that speaks to the imagination, it definitely would be Iceland. Nature is so incredibly special that it cannot be compared to any other place on Earth. Situated in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and being shaped by two continents drifting apart, Iceland is also called the Land of Ice & Fire. Our 2018 and 2019 trips were a big success and therefore we are happy to put it back on the Expat Club calendar in 2020. We travel during the darker months of the year, so we are scheduling also a Northern Lights tour for you and already include that into the price. Join Expat Club on this discovery trip along geysers and boiling waters, volcanos, mega glaciers, lava fields and many waterfalls. We really see the best of the country!
Pre-reserve your spot now!
We would like to know if you are interested in this trip. If yes, please let us know by making a pre-reservation. This is for free and comes without any obligation. You can do this in 2 ways. If you are a member, log in and click on the RSVP button. If you are not yet a member, you can either first register as a member, the log in and click on the RSVP on this page, or you can send us a message at email@example.com with the number of people you would like to join. Due to a technical problem you cannot enter your name/email in the regular sign up box now. We apologise for this, and are working on it.
What is included?
- Return flight Brussels to Reykjavik in economy-class
- All security taxes, airport fees, tourist taxes,
- 1 checked suitcase of 20kg
- 1 carry-on bag up to a maximum of 10 kg
- Direct private transfer from Reykjavik Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik
- 2 nights in a good 3* hotel in Reykjavik centre, including breakfast
- 1 night in a good 3* hotel at 100m from Reykjavik Airport, including breakfast
- A full day Iceland South Shore tour with professional local expert guide (3 incredible waterfalls, glaciers and volcanos, black beach and column-shaped rocks)
- A full day Iceland Golden Circle tour with professional local expert guide (Thingvellir National Park with continental divide, Iceland’s largest waterfall, a geyser, mud pools and lava fields)
- A fascinating private visit to a thermal power plant
- A visit to a beautiful exhibition on Iceland’s volcanos
- Northern Lights Chase tour by bus
- 2 nights in a good 4* hotel in Reykjavik centre, including breakfast
- A single room, available in the 3* and 4* hotels
- Northern Lights Cruise on Friday evening
- Visit to the world-famous Blue Lagoon volcanic hot springs on Sunday evening
- Direct Brussels > Reykjavik with Icelandair FI555, Thu 29 October, 12h55 – 15h20
- Direct Reykjavik > Brussels with Icelandair FI554, Mon 1 November, 07h40 – 11h55
- Note: there are no later flights available from Iceland to Western Europe, this the best available. This also is the reason why we stay in the hotel at the airport.
- 23kg checked luggage
- 10kg carry-on bag
As with all Expat Club trips, our schedule is carefully designed to ensure you can enjoy these days optimally. We have our own private bus, so this give us much flexibility. Please note that the schedule may still change for various circumstances such as weather or traffic conditions. Your host, the bus driver, our guide and receiving destinations will always do their best to give the most optimal experience. Thank you for your understanding.
Thursday 29 October – travel & Northern Lights
This day we travel to Iceland and our hotel in Reykjavik. We will explore the city a bit and we make a Northern Light Cruise to see the famous Aurora Borealis from the water.
10:30 – Meeting time Starbucks in main departure terminal
12:55 – Departure on Icelandair FI555 to Iceland
15:20 – Arrival Keflavik International Airport
15:45 – Transfer to Reykjavik
16:45 – Check-in hotels & discover Reykjavik
21:00 – Northern Lights Chase
The Northern Lights Cruise leads us on to the open water from where you can see the Aurora Borealis above you and reflecting on the water. Expat Club will arrange a separate section on the boat where we can all sit, relax and mingle until the lights show (the staff will call us for this, so you won’t have to wait outside the entire time). You must book this trip in advance during the reservation process. In case of cloudy conditions the tour will be cancelled and if replaced by a bus tour if weather conditions allow it elsewhere within driving distance from Reykjavik. Prices will be shown during the reservation process.
Friday 30 October
We will travel a full day along the South Coast and visit various impressive places, such as the beautiful Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, and the Reynisfjar black sand beach with stunning rock formations. We drive through spectacular landscapes, see big volcanoes and glaciers and learn more about how special Iceland actually is during visits to a large Geo-thermal plant and the Lava Center, a fascinating exhibition about Iceland.
Saturday 31 October
Today we are touring the famous Golden Circle and see the best of Iceland, including the Thingvellir National Park where you can clearly see the European and American continents drifting apart, the Strokkur Geysir that blows out hot water every few minutes, and the Gulffoss waterfall that spectacularly drops in two stages. The last part of the day we drive through a dramatic lava landscape along a wild ocean, which leads us to Icelands most relaxing and world-famous Blue Lagoon pool & spa.
The Blue Lagoon geothermal spa is located in the middle of a lava field. It is the perfect relaxation after an amazing trip. So many people told us this was the best closure of this short holiday to Iceland. The warm waters are rich in minerals like silica and sulphur and are a constant temperature between 37˚ and 39˚. You are welcome to try on a silica mud mask of course. It definitely makes a good picture! Upon checkout you can indicate whether you would like join. We arrive around 19h30 at the Blue Lagoon and you can use the pool between 20h00 and 21h30 (the combination of warm water and minerals makes 1,5 hours enough for most people). If you don’t want to go into the water yourself, you can stay for dinner.
Sunday 1 November
Today we have an early flight (7h40 – Icelandair FI554), simply because virtually all flights to Western Europe leave early morning. However, since Expat Club has arranged a hotel at just 100 meters from the airport (!!!) you can literally walk over there in 2 minutes, check-in for our direct Brussels flight, get back to the hotel for breakfast before boarding the flight.
We will fly with Icelandair directly from Brussels to Reykjavik on Thursday 29 October with departure at 12h55 and arrival at 15h20. Our meeting time is 10h45 at the long table of Starbucks in the main departure hall. The return flight to Brussels departs at 07h40 in the morning and arrives at 11h55. Since Keflavik airport is up to an hour away from Reykjavik city, we will stay the last night in a hotel at just 2 minutes walking from the airport terminal. You can literally check-in, return to the hotel for your breakfast, and walk to the gate. During checkout you can indicate your seat preference: window, middle, or aisle. Those who book first also have first choice.
NOTE: Expat Club checked all travel options for our group, but in the fall season there are considerably less flights to/from Iceland and virtually all flights to mainland Europe depart early morning. There are simply no afternoon/evening flights. The few flights that leave later have an extra (long) connection, do not offer spots for groups and are significantly more expensive. In 2018 we had a return flight to Amsterdam (+ bus transfer), so flying straight to Brussels is a great improvement!
We arranged accommodations in highly rated 3* and 4* hotels near to each other and located in the Reykjavik city centre. We stayed here also in 2018 and the group loved it. Both hotels have comfortable and clean rooms. The 4* hotel is the largest and one of the best hotels of Iceland and offers more comfort, nicer rooms, and better breakfast. For the last night we stay in a good 3* hotel near the airport (to avoid long travel times in the morning). Rooms in each hotel have private bathrooms with either a bath or shower. We offer single rooms (1 single or large bed), double rooms (1 large bed) and twin rooms (2 single beds). For the single rooms and double rooms we cannot guarantee 1 large bed, but we always guarantee 2 single beds for the twin rooms if you would like to share. The basic trip fee is based on 2 persons sharing a room (double or twin) in the 3* hotel. During the checkout process you will see possible surcharges (e.g. for a single room and the 4* room).
Expat Club offers twin rooms with 2 single beds for 2 friends who want to share the room, but do not want to stay in 1 large bed. These rooms are also offered to single travellers who do not want to pay the single surcharge. You can share the room with another lady or gentleman from our group (only male or female rooms). In that case you will NOT pay any surcharge and you will NOT have to worry about finding a roommate. There are plenty of other travellers in your situation, so we will introduce you to them (before or during the trip) and you mutually agree to share the room. This arrangement worked out perfectly during our other trips, so don’t hesitate to choose this option. Note: male twin rooms are always on request.
Comments & special terms
- This trip is carefully and realistically planned. Still, all timings are indicative and may change if required by circumstances. Expat Club cannot be held liable for long delays that impact the program (e.g. missed guided tours, reserved entries etc.), neither can Expat Club be held liable for weather-related cancellations or any other unforeseen circumstances that influence the course of the trip, including, but not limited to technical problems with the airplane, strikes, weather, inundations etc. Pretty logical we think, but we just want to be clear about it. Both day trips and the Northern Lights bus tour are included in the trip price, but cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
- The trip is sold as a package. You cannot go with your own transportation or arrange your own accommodation. If there are specific things that you do not want in the package, please let us know and we may consider a discount.
- You are personally responsible for getting a good cancellation and/or travel insurance that covers you for unforeseen emergencies that prevent you from coming on the trip and medical expenses before or during the trip.
- Pictures on this page, and especially from the hotels are carefully selected but not legally binding. This means, your room may differ from what you see on the pictures.
- Expat Club has the right to change your hotel to another similar or better hotel (star-rating, location). In case of a lower class hotel, which virtually never happens (e.g from 4* to 3* hotel), you will receive an appropriate compensation.
- You are personally responsible for using the hotel room in an appropriate way. Any missing or broken items will be billed after the trip.
- The cancellation with a refund deadline is 8 weeks in advance of departure.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for personal injuries during the trip, such as, but not limited to, things that happen during the guided tours, visits to places we go to, transfers by bus and plane, the boat ride, or any other part. Joining this trip is safe but still at your own risk (it’s a low risk activity).
- If you do not find a room partner on your own, we will find one for you (male/male, female/female). During the outbound trip we will connect you with others in the same position. If you decide to take a single room during the trip, then you will have to fully pay for it yourself. If you book this option, you are never forced to pay for a single room.
- If you book a double / twin room and your travel partner cancels, you will have to pay the single room supplement or share a room with another person (if still available).
- You can only checkout with the “Bank transfer” option. This means you do not pay while making the reservation, but you are required to do so within 2 days (unless you opt for payment in 2 instalments).