Fri 2 Oct | 9h30 to Sun 4 Oct | 16h00 (t.b.c.)
Direct flights with Brussels Airlines
2* Ibis Budget or 4* Novotel
In light of the current corona virus situation in Europe,
this trip is on hold until it is allowed, possible & safe to travel to Poland.
Dates are unconfirmed, but you can now pre-reserve your spot and we keep you updated!
This weekend trip will take you to the most horrific war site: Auschwitz. At Expat Club we believe that everyone should visit this destination, whether that is with alone, with family, another organisation or Expat Club. It is truly an unforgettable experience that cannot be replaced by reading books or watching documentaries. During the first day of this trip you will visit the beautiful Polish city Krákow, see the Oskar Schindler Factory and the site of the Plaszów concentration camp (from Schindler’s List), and learn more about the Jewish district Kazimierz. On our second day we will spend one full day with an official private guide to discover Auschwitz I (the original camp) and Auschwitz II–Birkenau (a combination concentration/extermination camp). On the last day, you will see the magnificent Wieliczka Salt Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Pre-reserve your spot now
We would like to know if you are interested in this trip. If yes, please let us know by making a pre-reservation. This is for free and without obligation. You can do this in 2 ways. If you are a member, log in and click on the RSVP button. If you are not yet a member, you can either first register as a member, the log in and click on the RSVP on this page, or you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of people you would like to join. Due to a technical problem you cannot enter your name/email in the regular sign up box now. We apologise for this, and are working on it.
For this trip we decided to include almost everything (except lunch on Sunday). That’s because everyone joined us for the optional lunch and two dinners on the last two trips. If you do not want to participate in some of the itinerary, please let us know and we may give you a discount.
- Flight by Brussels Airlines from Brussels to Krakow, including taxes
- 23kg of checked-in luggage
- 12kg of hand luggage
- Airport transfers in Krakow
- 2-nights accommodation 2* or 4* hotel, based on 2 people sharing a room
- 2x breakfast (in your hotel)
- Dinner in Jewish restaurant in Krakow
- Lunch in Auschwitz
- 5-hour guided tour in Kraków by foot and bus (Old Town, Schindler’s factory, Plaszów concentration camp and Kazimierz Jewish district).
- Local transfers in Krakow (except cheap taxi ride after dinner)
- Transfer to Auschwitz and local transportation
- Entrance fees and 8-hour guided Auschwitz tour
- Dinner in Novotel on Saturday evening
- Transfer to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Entrance fees and guided tour Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Upgrade to 4* Novotel hotel
- Single room (in either the Ibis budget or Novotel)
- Direct flights with Brussels Airlines to/from Krakow
- 20kg checked luggage
- 12kg hand luggage
- 2 nights in the 2* Ibis Budget or 4* Novotel
- Breakfast included
Expat Club often welcomes families on trips. Children are certainly welcome on this trip, but due to the nature of the trip we recommend a minimum age of 10-11 years (depending on the maturity and sensitivity of your child). We offer a discount of €150 for children up to 17 years. You can go through the reservation process and checkout with the bank transfer option. After finishing the reservation, deduct €150 per child when you transfer the fee to our accounts. Please do mention your child is joining in the comments sections on the next page (click “Reserve my spot” button).