Friday 29 to Sunday 31 March 2019
London, United Kingdom, Europe
Direct Eurostar train, 2nd class
4* DoubleTree by Hilton London Tower
Our trip to London is confirmed, but we have only a few spots left on this trip.
If you would like to join, please call 0495-345144 first.
This new long weekend trip to the capital of the United Kingdom will be an authentic Expat Club experience with an attractive, complete and smoothly planned schedule. We will see many great landmarks, visit several historic places, including the Houses of Parliament, the Tower of London, the Tower Bridge, and the British Museum. A local guide will show us around Westminster and Whitehall on Saturday to tell us more about the local architecture, history and of course politics, while on Sunday he will take us through Covent Garden. We will be travelling with a diverse group of international people Brussels (everyone welcome), enjoy good English food and have some fun.
The last weekend of March, at the beginning of Spring, is a great time to get to know this amazing metropolis a bit better. It will also be a historic moment to visit London, because the United Kingdom will leave the EU on Friday evening at 11pm (midnight on the continent). Despite that this is a sad moment that brings along much uncertainty for the great majority of expats in Brussels, in particular for British expats, we choose to go there anyway, because London, like Paris, is always a great idea.
- Trip by direct Eurostar, 2nd class reserved seat
- One suitcase
- 2 nights in the 4* DoubleTree by Hilton at a superb location
- 2 big breakfast buffets
- 3-day London Travel Pass
- 5 GBP Oyster card refund
- rooftop terrace lunch
- entrance fees & guided tour Tower Bridge
- entrance fees & audio guide Tower of London
- entrance fees & private guided tour Houses of Parliament
- guided tour around Westminster & Whitehall
- entrance & guided tour British Museum
- guided tour to & through Covent Garden
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
- Single room
- Medieval Brexit Dinner on Friday evening
- Pub lunch on Saturday
- The Shard viewing platform by sunset
- Lunch in Covent Garden on Sunday
Who can join?
Expat Club is open to welcome everyone who feels like joining an open-minded international group of expats and Belgians. Most of our participants are 30-65 years old with some younger and some older.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children (minimum 8 advised due to topic)
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
All of us has one way or the other some kind of an international background. Participants work in various sectors:
- EU institutions
- diplomatic services
- multinationals and SMEs
Families with children are welcome, but be aware that London is big and we’ll be out most of the day, including an evening visit to the Shard Tower (optional).