Sunday 20 October 2019
From 12h00 until 20h00
Louvre-Lens Museum, Lens, France
4* luxury coach with reclining seats
UPDATE SAT 19/10: You can still join!
Meeting time KBC Bank Place Schuman at 11h45.
What do you do as the world’s largest and most prestigious museum if you have way too many amazing artefacts to put on display? Indeed, you branch out and showcase them in other places. In 2015 the Louvre opened up a museum in Abu Dhabi, and in 2012 in Lens, a small former mining city 200km North of Paris. Lucky for us this stunning museum is just two hours driving from Brussels. Expat Club went to this remarkable museum a few times before in the earlier days of our community (2013-2015). But with so many art lovers, we will return to the Louvre Lens. A one-hour guided tour through the stunning Galerie du temps, a remarkable collection that spans artworks from 5.000 years of history, is included in the visit. This time we also offer a special 1,5 hours “le chefs-d’oeuvre” tour through the same collection (limited spots!). A visit to the temporary exhibition “Pologne: 1840-1918, painting the soul of a nation” (under the patronage of Presidents Emmanuel Macron and Andrzej Duda) is included for everyone who joins the trip.
What is included?
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach
- Entrance fees Louvre-Lens Museum: Galleries du Temps
- Entrance fees temporary exhibition “Pologne: 1840-1918, painting the soul of a nation”
- A 1-hour professionally guided tour of the Galleries du Temps
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime expat memory
Bus departure points
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- La Chasse (bus stop on Chaussée d’Auderghem, right before intersection)
- Metro Delta (bus stop on Avenue Beaulieu next to Metro exit)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (long bus stop “under elevated highway” next to Loxam)
Who can join?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
- Foreign guests of locals and expats
How to add a child ticket?
Expat Club loves welcoming the youngest expats! If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please first add the regular adult ticket(s) to the cart and then go to the cart page. On the cart page, there is a child ticket available for just €45. This trip is particularly interesting for teenagers with an interest in art.