Friday 30 until Sunday 1 September
Mont Saint-Michel, Normandy, France
Transportation by 4* luxury coach
Accommodation in a 1* or 3* hotel
SEATS GOING FAST.
Why join on this specific trip? As usual, Expat Club only travels to Mont Saint-Michel when the high tide level is exceptionally high. This means the “island” will become an actual island again because it will be fully surrounded by water. This happens only a few times per year (5-6 times, including on winter weekdays late at night). We are lucky because on this Saturday evening the levels are super high again, which makes the island an actual island again.
Visiting Mont Saint-Michel during such high tides makes it infinitely more special. This is namely the second highest tide in the world (after the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick / Nova Scotia). The incoming tidal wave alone is spectacular, because at certain points you simply cannot outrun it if you are on the dry sea bed, so fast. Therefore we hope we can welcome you on board our trip at the end of the summer holidays!
Mont Saint-Michel is on the bucket list of many expats in Brussels. But since it is far away and without good public transportation connections, basically the only way to get there is by car. Therefore Expat Club is organising a convenient late summer holiday weekend trip by luxury coach from Brussels and with many really nice fellow expats. This allows you to relax, meet new friends and enjoy a fantastic program with special guided tours that you would not be able to arrange on your own. This trip will be mega special, because the island becomes an actual island again, which happens only a few times per year (out of 2 x 365 high tides per year!). It’s truly magical to witness this spectacular natural phenomenon.
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach
- One large suitcase per person
- 2 nights in a 1* or 3* hotel in Bayeux
- Entrance fees for Mont Saint-Michel
- Guided tour at Mont Saint-Michel
- Bonus visit to Étretat, Le Havre, Bayeux & Honfleur
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
- Single room
Coach pick-up points
- Place Schuman, Brussels (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- La Chasse (long bus stop right before the intersection on Avenue d’Auderghem)
- Metro Delta (long bus stop on Avenue de Beaulieu, next to metro exit)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (long bus stop next to Loxam and under elevated highway)
Who can join?
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
Families & small groups
Families or small groups are more than welcome on this trip to Mont Saint-Michel. Children will get a discount and there are family rooms available in the cheaper hotel (for 3 or 4 persons). However, please contact us before by email or phone, 0495-345144 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we can ensure you get the right room and a proper child discount.
– €250 for children 4-11 years old
– €150 for children 12 to 18 years old