Fri 18 (17h30) – Sun 20 (22h30) September
Mont Saint-Michel, Saint-Malo & Normandy
Transportation by 4* luxury coach
Accommodation in 3* or 4* hotels
This trip is confirmed. However, due to new Belgian regulations (16/9) we are not going to Saint-Malo anymore. Instead we will visit 1 or 2 extra beautiful destinations in Normandy, most likely Granville and another town (we “win” 2 hours travel time by not going to Saint-Malo), or increase our time at Mont Saint-Michel. We will contact participants by email on 17/9.
We are allowed to travel to all departments in Lower Normandy without restrictions (incl mandatory tests/quarantines). The places we visit have a relatively (very) low number of corona cases.
You can book your spot by clicking here ≫
Departure Friday evening afterwork at 17h30 from Schuman and slightly later from La Chasse, Delta and Hermann-Debroux, return Sunday evening around 22h30.
Mont Saint-Michel is on the bucket list of many Brussels expats. But since it is far away and without good public transportation connections, basically the only way to get there is by car. Therefore Expat Club regularly organises a long weekend trip by comfortable bus to this magical place on the border of Normandy and Brittany. As usual, we only travel to Mont Saint-Michel on particular days, namely when the tides are very high. For this particular day of visit the tides are even higher than ever before on our previous trips. With 14m80, with a strong tidal wave, this is one of the highest levels in several years!!!
Why join this particular trip?
Visiting Mont Saint-Michel and Normandy is always a good idea, but there are 2 reasons what makes this trip so attractive. First, we depart Friday late afternoon, so you will not have to take a day off from work. Second, the super super high tide and the strong tidal wave makes a visit to the island much more special than a regular visit. It happens only a few times per year and this time it’s the strongest of 2020! It is WOW.
Trip price and what is included
The regular price for this trip is €499, but there are lower early-bird and pre-reservation tickets available for early deciders. To qualify for this you must book early and pre-reserve a spot. This is included:
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach
- One large suitcase per person
- 1 night in a 3* hotel Caen
- 1 night in a 3* or 4* hotel Mont Saint-Michel
- Transfer to Saint-Malo
- Transfer to Mont Saint-Michel
- Shuttle bus to Mont Saint-Michel
- Entrance fees for Mont Saint-Michel
- Guided tour at Mont Saint-Michel
- Dinner in Mont Saint-Michel
- Witness tidal wave and high tide
- Visits to Deauville and Honfleur (super villages)
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
- Single room
- Upgrade to 4* hotel, 2nd night
Coach pick-up points
- Place Schuman, Brussels (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- La Chasse (long bus stop right before the intersection on Avenue d’Auderghem)
- Metro Delta (long bus stop on Avenue de Beaulieu, next to metro exit)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (long bus stop next to Loxam and under elevated highway)
Who can join?
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
Families & small groups
Families or small groups are more than welcome on this trip to Mont Saint-Michel. Children will get a discount and there are family rooms available in the cheaper hotel (for 3 or 4 persons). However, please contact us before by email or phone, 0495-345144 or email@example.com. This way we can ensure you get the right room and a proper child discount.
– €250 for children 4-11 years old
– €150 for children 12 to 18 years old