Monday 30 December 2019 to Friday 3 January 2020
Return SAS flights Brussels – Tromsø
Great 3* & 4* hotels, best location Tromsø
If you have never seen the famous Aurora Borealis, now is your chance! This natural phenomenon is so incredibly special and so out-of-this-world beautiful, mesmerising, magical and mysterious, that you simply cannot afford to not have it on your bucket list. But unfortunately there are only a few places on our planet where you can see it, and only during the dark and cold winter months of the year. On top of that it requires a lot of planning.
At Expat Club we love going to the most special destinations on Earth with Brussels’ friendliest international travel community. And Tromsø is definitely an amazing place to visit. Although all the way in Northern Norway, the city’s winter climate is relatively mild due to the Gulf Stream. Combine this with incredibly beautiful fjords and mountains, a rich Sami reindeer-herding culture, a lovely city centre with brand-new pool & spa facilities, and a spectacular fireworks to ring in the New Year, we just love returning to Tromsø after a fantastic NYE trip in 2018-2019. Located bang in the middle of the “Aurora Oval”, it is possibly the world’s best place to spot the Aurora Borealis. And during this trip we offer our participants 2 complimentary Northern Lights hunting trips!
Check out all 2018-2019 pictures here ⋙
What is included?
- Return SAS flights Brussels – Tromsø
- One checked piece of 23kg
- One piece of 10kg hand luggage + 1 personal item
- Airport transfers in Tromsø
- 4 nights in great 3* hotel (downtown)
- 4 delicious breakfasts
- Visit to Tromsø Museum
- Visit to Polar Museum
- Visit to world-famous Hurtigruten cruise ship
- 2 complimentary Northern Lights tour
- Great group of international people
- A lifetime expat memory
- One item less on your bucket list
- 4 nights in an outstanding 4* hotel
- Single room for more privacy
- Sami Experience / reindeer feeding / reindeer sledding
- Husky dogs sledding
- Whale watching
- Visit to Arctic Cathedral
- Visit to Tromsø spa & pool
- Fjellheisen Cablecar to magnificent viewing point
- NYE Party in The Edge Hotel
- NYE Party at The Edge Hotel’s rooftop (only for hotel guests)
- New Year’s Lunch in Arctic Hotel at Sommarøy Island
We will fly with SAS direct from Brussels to Oslo on Monday morning 30 December, with an early afternoon connection to Tromsø. Our return flight is on Friday 3 January to Copenhagen with a connection to Brussels. NOTE: last year we arrived in the evening only in Tromsø, and our return we had to fly back to Amsterdam, so these flights are much better!!
Who can join us?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable. You do not have to be a member, and of course Belgians are more the invited too to join us. We always welcome many solo travellers, couples, retirees, small groups of friends and on this trip certainly also children.
How to add a child ticket?
Expat Club loves welcoming the younger/est expats. If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please contact us first so we can apply the right discount. Due to the nature of this trip, we can only offer a relatively low discount for children. Up to 11 years €200, and from 12 to 18 years €150.