Saturday 27 April 2019
From 07h00 until 23h30
La Côte d’Opal, Northern France
Transportation by 4* luxury coach
Mail us at email@example.com if you are still interested in joining.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0495-345144 (until 22h30).
One of our most beloved trips, and back on the calendar for the first time since 2017 after 6 amazing trips! The beautiful Côte d’Opale, with its magnificent coastal landscape, begins just two hours outside of Brussels. This part of the French coastline received its name for its bright iridescent light. It stretches out about 120 kilometers from the Belgian border to Picardy. The 40 kilometers between the cities of Calais and Boulogne sur Mer are the most spectacular, and that is exactly the part of the country that we are going to discover. Besides wonderful wide beaches (with low tide), rolling hills with yellow flowers, and lovely little towns, it is known for two spectacular viewpoints, the Cap Blanc Nez and the Cap Griz Nez. You can even wave to England from there! We top this with visits to the harbour cities of Dunkirk and Calais, the Vauban-walled town of Gravelines, the resort town Wimereux with its many Art Nouveau houses, and the historic city of Boulogne sur Mer. This is truly a superb day out!
You can also join an optional 15km hike from Cap Blanc Nez to Cap Griz Nez, a true classic! It leads over both capes, along the coast, over the beach, through a nice resort town and rural roads.
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach
- Bottled water on outbound journey
- Visits to various places along the Opal Coast
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime memory
Coach pick-up points
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC Bank on roundabout)
- Metro Yser (long bus stop on main road leading to Basilique)
- Metro Simonis (long bus stop on main road leading to Basilique)
- Basilique (corner main roads behind the church)
- Basilix Shopping Center (long bus stop on main road leading to highway)
Who can join?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable.
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
- Foreign tourists
Child tickets available
Expat Club loves welcoming the youngest expats! If you want to bring your child(ren) up until 18 years, please first add the regular adult ticket(s) to the cart and then go to the cart page. On the cart page, there is a child ticket available for just €40 (lunch can be ordered during the day). This trip is particularly interesting for kids, with several stops, interesting viewpoints, ships, sea, and old towns.