Sunday 22 September 2019
From 07h00 until 20h00
Compiègne, Pierrefonds & Laon
Transportation by 4* luxury coach
On the Journée de Patrimoine Européene we travel to two NEW historic destinations in Northern France. We begin our day with a visit to the magnificent Pierrefonds Castle. Located about 70km Northeast of Paris it is a true “château reborn”. A first castle was erected on this spot in the 12th century, but the origins of the current castle date back to the 14th century by the Duke Louis of Orléans. It was taken down in the 17th century and was in ruins when Napoleon III decided to commission architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc to rebuild it. He applied his architectural designs to create the ideal château, such as would have existed in the Middle Ages. Nowadays, it’s a great tourist destination, so we cannot leave it of from our event calendar. Our second destination we drove by already 30+ times during our Champagne trips, namely the medieval walled city of Laon. Its majestic Cathedral, with its 4 identical towers, is visible from far away as it is built on a hill in the middle of town. The city also has an very old Chapel of the Templars and several other medieval buildings.
What is included?
- transportation by 4* luxury coach
- bottle water on outbound trip
- visit to Pierrefonds Castle
- visit to Laon
- A great group of international people
- A lifetime expat memory
Bus departure points
- Place Schuman (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- La Chasse (bus stop on Chaussée d’Auderghem, right before intersection)
- Metro Delta (long bus stop on Avenue Beaulieu next to Metro exit)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (long bus stop “under elevated highway” next to Loxam)
Who can join us?
Expat Club is open to everyone who feels like joining an open-minded international group of expats and Belgians (no cliques of people). We welcome:
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children on most trips
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
How to add a child ticket?
Families are more than welcome on this trip. First add one or more regular (adult) tickets to the cart. On the cart page you will see a child ticket. Add a child ticket to the cart, and if you need more than one then change the quantity and update the cart. Children up to 18 years will get a discount:
– up to 3 years > free of charge (book minimum 2 weeks in advance)
– 4 to 17 years > €40 only
Practical information for participants
Not yet available, check on Wednesday before departure