Saturday 10 August
From 17h30 to 01h30
Observatoire Centre Ardenne, Grapfontaine
Transportation by 4* luxury coach
IT WAS GREAT! SEE YOU IN 2020!
It’s time for some serious stargazing! After several successful and fun visits to the Planetarium in Brussels and the Public Observatory in Grimbergen, we take things to the next level again. Join us on this trip to the Ardennes to enjoy the celestial spectacle together with a group of enthusiast expats. Summer evenings are always nice for watching the skies, but we choose this date because our Planet Earth is passing through the Perseids meteor field, resulting in countless shooting stars in the sky. On top of that we will enjoy a presentation in a special domed planetarium and we will be able to watch through several professional telescopes (e.g. to look at planets, nebulas and other celestial objects). And as a bonus we also offer you a complimentary BBQ! What a night!!! For this trip we maintain a good-weather guarantee. If it is too cloudy we will cancel the trip. But be aware we had to disappoint dozens of people in previous years because it was fully booked.
- Transportation by 4* luxury coach
- Entrance fees Observatoire Centre Ardenne
- Lecture and presentation in planetarium
- Usage fees of professional telescopes
- Explanation by experts
- Stargazing in darkness 🙂
- BBQ (several pieces of meat per person)
- Some other snacks and drinks
- A fun group of international people
- A lifetime memory
Coach pick up points
- Place Schuman, Brussels (bus stop next to KBC bank on roundabout)
- La Chasse (long bus stop on Avenue d’Auderghem, right before main intersection)
- Metro Delta (long bus stop on Avenue de Beaulieu, next to metro entry)
- Metro Hermann-Debroux (long bus stop under highway flyover, next to Loxam)
Who can join?
Expat Club is known for welcoming a wide variety of international people on its trips. This creates a special, open-minded, safe and friendly environment in which everyone should feel comfortable. You do not have to be a member even, and of course Belgians are more the invited too to join us. We always welcome many solo travellers, couples, retirees, small groups of friends and on this trip certainly also families.
What if the weather is bad?
Having good clear weather for stargazing is essential. The past 3 years it was superb 2 times, but another time we had to cancel the entire trip because there were way too many clouds. In principle we confirm this trip on Wednesday 7 August (the go / no-go date), based on the weather forecasts for Saturday 10 August. If we cancel it, of course you will be refunded fully. But please note that you must book the trip before this date. Last year it was sold out weeks in advance. Also note that the early-bird deadline is 10 days in advance of this trip.