Fri 14 Feb | 12h00 – Sun 16 Feb | 18h30
Direct flight Brussels Airlines
4* hotel in Venice with breakfast
After a fantastic first edition in 2019, you can now pre-register for our trip in 2020. Just leave your name and email address and we will contact you whenever the trip opens up in the fall of 2019. Please note that the below information applies to 2019. We cannot give you any prices yet.
The Venetian Carnival is the world’s most famous celebration. It attracts people from all over the world to see the most extraordinary and flamboyant costumes and masks. This once-in-a-lifetime experience can be enjoyed best in the company of a nice group of people, especially because we arrange special guided tours, reserved entrances and an interesting mask-making demonstration.
We are going with a diverse group of open-minded expats from Brussels. Belgians, visiting friends and non-members are welcome to join us. We fly direct from Brussels Airport to Venice San Marco airport, organise private boat transfers to the city, and stay in a great 4* hotel in Venice.
- Direct with Brussels Airlines to/from Venice Marco Polo
- 20 kg checked luggage, 10 kg hand luggage
- Romantic private boat transportation to Venice
- 4* hotel with great reviews, breakfast included
- Guided tour of Venice and Piazza San Marco (Doge Palace + Basilica San Marco)
- Venetian mask-making demonstration
- Witness the famous “Feste delle Marie” and the “Flight of the Angel”
- Take pictures of and with the most amazing “Maschere Veneziane
- Dinner on Friday evening
- Venetian masked gala-ball cruise
- Visits of Murano (glass island) and Burano (with exceptionally colourful houses)
- Direct flight with Brussels Airlines
- 20kg checked luggage
- Direct & private boat transportation to Venice and back
- 2 nights in a 4* hotel in Venice
- great location, very good reviews
- breakfast included
- spacious clean and quite rooms
Who can join?
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
As with all Expat Club trips, our program has been carefully designed. We normally don’t deviate much from our schedule, but all times below are still indicative and may change if required by circumstances, such as traffic conditions. Note that during this trip the group focuses on the carnival festivities, but that we will coordinate if people would like to visit certain museums or other parts of town (e.g. Murano/Burano).
Friday 22 February
12h00 – Meeting at Brussels Airport
13h55 – Direct flight to Venice Marco Polo Airport
16h00 – Private taxi boat to hotel
16h30 – Check-in
17h00 – Evening guided tour
19h30 – Dinner
Saturday 23 February
09h00 – Guided tour Doge Palace & San Marco Basilica
12h00 – Visit Campanile tower
13h00 – Lunch near San Marco
14h30 – Feste delle Marie parade (optional)
14h30 – Visit to Murano and/or Burano
16h30 – Mask making demonstration
20h00 – Venetian Carnival Party Cruise, dinner & drinks included (optional)
00h00 – End cruise
Sunday 24 February
09h00 – Morning walk towards Piazza San Marco / free time (optional)
11h00 – The Flight of the Angel (optional)
12h00 – Lunch / free time
14h00 – Departure to San Marco Airport by water taxi
16h15 – Direct flight to Brussels Airport
17h55 – Arrival Brussels
We will be flying directly from Brussels Airport to Venice San Marco with a comfortable early afternoon flight, and vice versa with a late afternoon flight so you will back home on time for dinner. Upon arrival at San Marco airport we will board a water taxi that will bring us straight to our hotel. How easy and romantic would you like to have it?
For this trip we have arranged the superb 4* Hotel Eurostars Residenza Cannaregio. It has outstanding reviews and we’re sure you will love it. We can offer single rooms (with 1 single bed), double rooms (1 double bed, for couples), twin rooms (2 single beds for 2 people sharing). Of course a good breakfast is included in your package already.
Room sharing option
For 2 friends travelling together we can offer a comfortable twin room with 2 single beds. These rooms are also offered to our solo travellers who would rather not pay the surcharge for a single room. We offer this free service for those travelling alone to share a room with another traveller. During the reservation process you can simply indicate you would like to stay in a twin room. You will not have to worry about finding a room partner. During the trip to Venice we namely introduce you to the other ladies and gentlemen who also would like to share a room. Naturally we only offer single gender rooms.
On Friday evening we will have dinner in a great restaurant at a stone’s throw from the Rialto bridge. We will be enjoying a four course dinner. You are cordially invited to join us, but of course the dinner is optional. You can register during checkout.
Menu pesce – €65
Antipasto:Misto di pesce cotto Al Remer: capasanta gratinata, sarde e gamberi in saor, insalata di mare, schie con polenta
Primo: Tagliolini neri con polpa di granchio e pomodori datteri
Secondo: Filetto di branzino in salsa allo zafferano con contorno di patate
Menu carne – €60
Antipasto:Carne marinata con scaglie di tartufo nero
Primo: Maccheroncini al ragu di angus
Secondo: Tagliatina di roast-beef irlandese (al rosmarino o aceto balsamico)
Contorno: Patate o verdure
Menu vegetarian – €60
Antipasto: Tortino di ricotta e pistacchi su cremina di peperoni
Primo: Tortelli ripieni di porri ed asiago su cremina di asiago e porri croccanti sopra
Secondo: Tomino alla piastra con verdure di stagione
Biss di tiramisu e pannacotta ai frutti di bosco
1/2 bottiglia di vino a persona
- The trip will be carried with Brussels Airlines.
- This trip is carefully planned. Still, all timings are indicative and may change if required by circumstances.
- The trip is sold as a package. You cannot go with your own transportation and/or arrange your own accommodation. If there are specific things that you do or do not want in the package, please let us know and we may consider an up-sell or a small discount on a case by case basis.
- You are personally responsible for getting a good travel insurance that covers you for any unforeseen emergencies and medical expenses during the trip. We also advise you to get a travel cancellation insurance in case you cannot join anymore (e.g. due to illness or a family emergency).
- You are personally responsible for using the hotel room in an appropriate way. Any missing or broken items will be billed after the trip. If you share the room with someone else you are equally responsible for leaving it the way you found it.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for long delays that influence the program, for instance delayed or cancelled flights that lead to missed guided tours, neither can Expat Club be held liable for weather-related cancellations or any other unforeseen events that influence the course of the trip, including, but not limited to technical problems with the airplane, water taxi, blocked streets / canals etc. We are doing our very best to pro-actively avoid problems and possibly adapt the program in the most optimal way.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for personal injuries during the trip, such as, but not limited to, things that happen during the visit the various festivities in the city.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for you losing your way in Venice. It is your responsibility to stay with the group and to find your own way back if necessary, as well as to be on time for all departures.
- If you do not have a room partner and you still would like to share a room (male/male, female/female), then we will introduce you to all other ladies or gentlemen in the group in the same position. During the outbound trip we will connect you with others in the same position. If you opt for the room-sharing, you will not have to pay the single fee if there is in the end no one else to share the room with, unless you decide to take a single room during the trip. In that case you will have to fully pay for it yourself.
- If you book a double / twin room and your travel partner cancels, either from the same order or from a separate one once you indicated you want to share the room with him or her, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- Expat Club may “upgrade” or “downgrade” you to another hotel. In case of a downgrade, you will receive a reasonable compensation. This is not our normal way of working, but it does happen that hotels accidentally overbook or experience problems (Expat Club itself does never overbook trips!).