Fri 5 Feb | 08h00 – Sun 7 Feb | 18h30
Direct flight Brussels Airlines
4* hotel in Venice with breakfast
The following information applies to our Venice 2020 trip.
The program for 2021 is likely to be similar, but cannot yet be confirmed.
You can now pre-reserve a spot by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or by simply completing the RSVP box on this page.
The Venetian Carnival is the world’s most famous celebration. It attracts millions of people from all over the world to see the most extraordinary and flamboyant costumes and masks. This once-in-a-lifetime experience can be enjoyed best in the company of a nice group of people, especially because we arrange special guided tours, reserved entrances and an interesting mask-making demonstration. Venice is not a true bucket list item in and of itself, but Venice during Carnival is like returning to Wimbledon for the finals. A once-in-a-lifetime experience, and Expat Club travels this year again during the top weekend.
We are going with a diverse group of open-minded expats from Brussels. Belgians, visiting friends and non-members are welcome to join us. We fly direct from Brussels Airport to Venice San Marco airport (earlier flight than last year, so you have 4+ hours more in Venice), organise private speed boat transfers to the city, and stay in a great 4* hotel in Venice (better location than 2019), include a 48-hours pass for the “Vaporetti” (public transportation boats). Leave the organisation up to Expat Club and just have a great time!
- Direct with Brussels Airlines to/from Venice Marco Polo
- 23 kg checked luggage, 12 kg hand luggage
- Romantic private speedboat transportation to Venice
- 4* hotel with great reviews at super location
- 2x breakfast buffet included
- Guided tour of Venice and Piazza San Marco (Doge Palace + Basilica San Marco)
- Venetian mask-making demonstration
- 48 hours “Vaporetto” bus (public boats, value €30)
- Witness the famous “Feste delle Marie” and the “Flight of the Angel”
- Take pictures of and with the most amazing “Maschere Veneziane”
- Dinner on Friday evening (€70)
- Venetian masked gala-ball cruise on a magnificent Galleon boat (€115)
- Visits of Murano (glass island) and Burano (colourful houses)
- Direct flight with Brussels Airlines
- to Venice: 09h50 – 11h25
- to Brussels: 16h15 – 17h55
- 23kg checked luggage
- 10kg hand luggage + personal item
- Direct & private speed boat transfer to Venice
- 2 nights in a 4* hotel in Venice right on Canal Grande
- great location, very good reviews
- 2x breakfast buffet included
- spacious clean and quite rooms
Who can join?
- Members & non-members
- Expats & (international) Belgians
- All ages, including children (advice is min 10y)
- Singles / couples / retirees / friends / colleagues / families
As with all Expat Club trips, our program has been carefully designed. We normally don’t deviate much from our schedule, but all times below are still indicative and may change if required by circumstances, such as traffic conditions. Note that during this trip the group focuses on the carnival festivities, but that we will coordinate if people would like to visit certain museums or other parts of town (e.g. Murano/Burano).
Friday 14 February
07h45 – Meeting at Brussels Airport
09h50 – Direct flight to Venice Marco Polo (main airport)
11h25 – Arrival Venice Marco Polo + private speed boat transfer
12h30 – Arrival hotel
13h30 – Guided tour
15h30 – End guided tour
16h30 – Mask making demonstration
20h30 – Dinner
Saturday 15 February
09h00 – Guided tour Doge Palace & San Marco Basilica
12h00 – Visit Campanile tower (optional)
13h00 – Lunch near San Marco
14h30 – Feste delle Marie parade & free time (e.g. Murano visit)
20h00 – Venetian Carnival Party Cruise, dinner & drinks included (optional)
00h00 – End cruise
Sunday 16 February
09h00 – Morning walk towards Piazza San Marco / free time
11h00 – The Flight of the Angel (time t.b.c.)
12h00 – Lunch / free time
14h00 – Departure to San Marco Airport by private speedboat
16h15 – Direct flight to Brussels Airport
17h55 – Arrival Brussels
We will be flying directly from Brussels Airport to Venice San Marco with a comfortable morning flight. Last year we arrived several hours later in the afternoon, so you can add that to exploring the beautiful city of Venice and the islands of Burano and Murano.
- SN3201 – Brussels (09h50) – Venice (11h25)
- SN3206 – Venice (16h15) – Brussels (17h55)
You can check in a bag/suitcase of 23kg, so you won’t have to worry about taking a nice costume with you. No rush, others will certainly check-in a bag, so you shouldn’t worry about being the last one if you don’t travel with hand luggage only.
Upon arrival at Venice San Marco Airport (not farther Treviso Airport) we will board private speedboats that will bring us straight to our hotel. How easy and romantic would you like to have it? Seeing Venice coming closer is really a magnificent sight! All participants of our Carnival 2019 trip thought this was one of the very best moments.
For this trip we arranged the superb 4* Bellini Hotel, right on the Canal Grande! It is located only 2 minutes from the Venice Santa LuciBellini offers classic Venetian-style rooms with air conditioning. Set in a 19th-century building, it features free WiFi throughout, an elegant entrance hall and a small garden.
Each room is spacious and includes a private bathroom with bath or shower, and a minibar. Some rooms offer an enchanting view over the Grand Canal. A buffet breakfast is served in the bright dining room, and features both sweet and savuory items. The entrance hall comes with antique marbles and a magnificent Murano glass chandelier. The Bellini hotel has outstanding reviews and we’re sure you will love it. We can offer single rooms (with 1 single bed), double rooms (1 double bed, for couples), twin rooms (2 single beds for 2 people sharing). Of course a good breakfast is included in your package already.
In this hotel we can offer you a single room (for 1 person, surcharge applies), a double room (one large bed for a couple or parent/child), or a twin bed room (2 single beds, for 2 friends sharing or for 2 solo travellers who would like to share and prevent paying for the single surcharge). You can indicated your preference during the checkout process.
Room sharing option
For 2 friends travelling together we can offer a comfortable twin room with 2 single beds. These rooms are also offered to our solo travellers who would rather not pay the surcharge for a single room. We offer this free service for those travelling alone to share a room with another traveller. During the reservation process you can simply indicate you would like to stay in a twin room. You will not have to worry about finding a room partner. During the trip to Venice we namely introduce you to the other ladies and gentlemen who also would like to share a room. Naturally we only offer single gender rooms.
On Friday evening we will have dinner in a great restaurant at a stone’s throw from the Rialto bridge. We will be enjoying a four course dinner. You are cordially invited to join us, but of course the dinner is optional. You can register during checkout.
Menu pesce – €70
Antipasto:Misto di pesce cotto Al Remer: capasanta gratinata, sarde e gamberi in saor, insalata di mare, schie con polenta
Primo: Tagliolini neri con polpa di granchio e pomodori datteri
Secondo: Filetto di branzino in salsa allo zafferano con contorno di patate
Menu carne – €70
Antipasto:Carne marinata con scaglie di tartufo nero
Primo: Maccheroncini al ragu di angus
Secondo: Tagliatina di roast-beef irlandese (al rosmarino o aceto balsamico)
Contorno: Patate o verdure
Menu vegetarian – €65
Antipasto: Tortino di ricotta e pistacchi su cremina di peperoni
Primo: Tortelli ripieni di porri ed asiago su cremina di asiago e porri croccanti sopra
Secondo: Tomino alla piastra con verdure di stagione
Biss di tiramisu e pannacotta ai frutti di bosco
1/2 bottiglia di vino a persona
- The trip will be carried with Brussels Airlines.
- This trip is carefully planned. Still, all timings are indicative and may change if required by circumstances.
- The trip is sold as a package. You cannot go with your own transportation and/or arrange your own accommodation. If there are specific things that you do or do not want in the package, please let us know and we may consider an up-sell or a small discount on a case by case basis.
- You are personally responsible for getting a good travel insurance that covers you for any unforeseen emergencies and medical expenses during the trip. We also advise you to get a travel cancellation insurance in case you cannot join anymore (e.g. due to illness or a family emergency).
- You are personally responsible for using the hotel room in an appropriate way. Any missing or broken items will be billed after the trip. If you share the room with someone else you are equally responsible for leaving it the way you found it.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for long delays that influence the program, for instance delayed or cancelled flights that lead to missed guided tours, neither can Expat Club be held liable for weather-related cancellations or any other unforeseen events that influence the course of the trip, including, but not limited to technical problems with the airplane, water taxi, blocked streets / canals etc. We are doing our very best to pro-actively avoid problems and possibly adapt the program in the most optimal way.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for personal injuries during the trip, such as, but not limited to, things that happen during the visit the various festivities in the city.
- Expat Club cannot be held liable for you losing your way in Venice. It is your responsibility to stay with the group and to find your own way back if necessary, as well as to be on time for all departures.
- If you do not have a room partner and you still would like to share a room (male/male, female/female), then we will introduce you to all other ladies or gentlemen in the group in the same position. During the outbound trip we will connect you with others in the same position. If you opt for the room-sharing, you will not have to pay the single fee if there is in the end no one else to share the room with, unless you decide to take a single room during the trip. In that case you will have to fully pay for it yourself.
- If you book a double / twin room and your travel partner cancels, either from the same order or from a separate one once you indicated you want to share the room with him or her, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- Expat Club may “upgrade” or “downgrade” you to another hotel. In case of a downgrade, you will receive a reasonable compensation. This is not our normal way of working, but it does happen that hotels accidentally overbook or experience problems (Expat Club itself does never overbook trips!).