- Member14 May 2022 at 14:10@brewedacademy
More than 1600 different beers, more than 250 brewers… in such a small country! And thanks to the age-old beer-brewing tradition and beer culture, Belgium is part of the UNESCO World Heritage List. Every Belgian is justifiably proud. No?
Are you curious about the craft of brewing beer in a real brewery? Do you want to have a look into the craft of beer brewing and have some wonderful time in a microbrewery together with a bunch of friends?
Good news! In late Spring (30 June till 2 July) we are organizing a beer brewing boot camp. The BREWbootcamp is intended to immerse those who know little about beer and brewing with a good dose of knowledge and a spicy practice.
• … a CRASH COURSE of 3 days. You will be introduced to the THEORETICAL BASIC PRINCIPLES of beer brewing; you’ll learn the necessary LABO TECHNIQUES and you get to know other players in the brewing world; you get to work as an apprentice BREWER and you TASTE the local beers of the house.
• … a guidance through the entire brewing process FROM MALT TO BEER.
• …a day together during the DAILY OPERATIONS OF A MICROBREWER.
• … getting to know lab materials in function of a MICROBIOLOGICAL RESEARCH. How do you use a microscope and learn to work aseptically to control the growth and contamination of yeasts & bacteria? Why, where and how often should you disinfect?
… a valuable INTERACTION WITH MICROBREWERS who can take you into their story behind their current brewery.
This year edition we are working together with a brewery in Oudenaarde. Interest ? Let us know!
pictures of our former editions
Welcome to the Expat Club discussion corner where we’ll be talking about life in Brussels: housing, jobs, what’s happening and more. There’s even a marketplace to buy, sell and donate items. It was created so we can help each other with guidance, advice, tips and general discussions. It’s only accessible to Expat Club members. Our only rule: keep it polite.