Nederlandse vertaling: Ons privacy beleid is enkel beschikbaar in het Engels omdat nagenoeg al onze bezoekers en leden deze taal machtig zijn.
Traduction française: Cette reglement de confidentialité est disponible uniquement dans la langue anglaise parce que la quasi-totalité de nos visiteurs et membres sont anglophones.
II. When do we collect personal data?
We may collect data in the following situations:
- when you submit your name, surname and email address on our website for our newsletter
- when you make an online booking on our website or secondary webpages, or when you make an offline booking, either by email, telephone or in person
- when you register for membership on our website
- when you answer a non-anonymous survey (most surveys are anonymous, which will be clearly indicated)
- when you leave a public comment or feedback on our website or secondary page
- when you fill out a form, both online and offline (e.g. by phone or during an event)
III. What personal data do we collect?
During a (membership) registration process or booking process on our website or secondary page (e.g. Meetup) you may be required to submit various types of information, including your name (first and last), gender, date and city of birth, email address, mailing address, emails, phone number(s), credit card information, bank account information, public profile pages of website such as Facebook / LinkedIn / Meetup / Twitter etc (we check social media profiles for verification purposes to ensure our membership base remains free of fake profiles and exclude people who merely want to exploit Expat Club for reasons that it was not intended for, e.g. spam).
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter the following information: name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or bank account information. This website may store and use also information about your computer and navigation details, e.g. your IP-address, operating system, location etc.
IV. What do we use your data for?
Expat Club may use the data we gather from our visitors and members for several purposes:
- To improve your personal experience on this website and other pages, our events and trips and our customer service, based on the feedback that we receive from our visitors and members.
- To process the event bookings and registrations on our website (note: Expat Club does not have access to your full credit card and bank account information as this information is only known by the various payment provider you choose to use).
- To send you our regular newsletters, other periodic emails, as well as information related to events, trips or activities that you have registered for.
- To improve the services for our members and website visitors.
- To manage a promotion, questionnaire, game or contest or other functionality on our site or page.
- To inform you about the events that you have registered for, such as informational emails with departure dates and times, meeting points, important organizational information, or to send you last-minutes text messages by mobile phone.
- To inform you about our events in general through regular newsletters.
You can unsubscribe from our regular mailing list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link mentioned at the bottom of these mailings.
V. In what ways do we safeguard your data?
Expat Club has taken several security measures to safeguard your personal data that we gather during any of the steps mentioned under paragraph II. We store all information in a password protected premier online data management system that is only accessible by few administrators.
Expat Club does not keep any of your private financial data on our servers after you have registered for one of our paid events, except for incomplete bank account numbers that are transferred to us by the payment providers for verification purposes (When using PayPal your email address is known to us. When using SOFORT Banking the first 2 letter, first 2 numbers and last 2 numbers of your IBAN-code are known to us).
To analyze the usage of this website, we use Google Analytics. For more information on this tool, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/
VII. Sharing your data with third parties
Your data, both private and public, will never under any circumstances be transferred, exchanged, shared, sold or given to any third party without your explicit consent, except for organizational reasons to provide you with the service or product. For instance, for certain events or trips Expat Club is required to pass on the names of participants, eventually complemented with additional information that you will be explicitly asked for during the booking process (e.g. dates of birth, passport numbers, telephone numbers). Often this is for security purposes and without this information it is not possible to join the event or activity. Another exception concerns sharing your data with trusted parties that help Expat Club with the further development and operation of this website or general business. Finally, we may share your data with third parties to apply our privacy and other user policies, protect the rights of other visitors and members, for safety and security reasons, or in case of legal issues (e.g to comply with the law). We do use anonymous data of our website visitors for further analysis and may use third parties to help us with this. Similarly we may provide third parties with such data for marketing and advertising purposes.
VIII. Links to external websites
For various reasons we regularly create links in our website to third party websites. Expat Club Brussels cannot be held liable for the content on these websites or any products or services offered on it, including, but not limited to, any (financial) transaction that you may complete there. However, Expat Club does want to maintain the integrity of this website and we therefore appreciate any feedback you may have about these sites.
XI. Contacting Us
Xross Global Group BVBA
Rue du Lac 37 bte 12